All Kitchen personnel
Camp boss, Cook, Assistant Cook, Baker, Night Cook, Steward
As an integral member of the Conntrak team it is essential that you contribute to the provision of a quality catering service adhering to health and safety standards at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested
2. Active Participation in on-board meetings and supporting the Company and functioning of Integrated Management System includes commitment to consultation and participation for continual improvement.
3. Ensure that the resources needed to establish, implement, maintain and improve the Integrated Management System and supports the Management to fulfil the objectives.
4. Adhere to the Company IMS Procedures and policies, and commitment to eliminate any hazards and risks at workplace.
5. Ensure that IMS standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirements of Food Safety (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene)
6. Ensure that personal working hygiene standards and those of staff for whom you are responsible meet both the company and statutory requirements
7. Assist manager to ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
8. Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects
9. Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
10. Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary
11. Attend Client and Company training courses as deemed necessary
12. Fully support and participate in all Client and company Safety Initiatives
13. Identify personal training requirements
14. Taking personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
15. Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety Regulations.
16. Ensure specific menu planning requirements are adhered to and standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
17. Ensure the ordering of foodstuffs and the prompt service of all meals at required times to Company and Clientspecifications
18. As required, undertake baking and butchery to the appropriate standards
19. Assist manager to ensure budget requirements are adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved, this can include; managing and rotating stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs, managing galley cleaning rotas, menu compilation and galley waste segregation
20. Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Giving guidance and support to all the catering team working within food areas.
2. Conducting, Monitoring and Evaluation training for the catering team working within food areas.
3. Organising/planning continuity of work and provision of service.
4. Monitoring and maintaining levels of conduct and work performance.
5. Maintain Health and Safety, and hygiene standards to a very high level taking into account Client Health and Safety rules and regulations at all times.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MACHINERY/EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS/CONSUMABLES
1. Ensuring correct use and safe operations of all machinery and making sure that these are kept clean and hygienic
2. Basic maintenance and preparation for use
3. Knowledge and competency in the use of cleaning materials and chemicals as approved under COSHH regulations ensuring, at all times, that all chemicals are stored correctly according to COSHH regulations
4. Working knowledge of Company/Client Safety Management Policy
5. SSOW and COSHH
6. Training of others in correct and safe methods of use and maintenance of machinery and equipment
7. Proper stock rotation ensuring dates stock dates are in date order.
8. Disposing of all out of date stock in terms of company procedures.
9. Deliveries and orders of all consumables
10. Stock taking
11. Monitoring stock consumption
12. Correct and effective use of all consumables
1. Identify personal training needs and the need of the team
2. Reporting faults to line supervisor or department supervisor
3. Participate in inspections and contribute to the process of identifying and implementing improvements
4. Ensuring by demonstrating a complete understanding of level of service provided that all catering services are delivered to the required standard including
5. Encouraging feedback from all customers
6. Suggesting improvements where possible
7. Participate in remedial action or improvement opportunities
COMMUNICATION/CONTACT WITH OTHERS
1. Reporting faults to line supervisor or department supervisor
2. Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
3. Promote the company image at all times
4. Communicate efficiently and effectively to clients and colleagues
- PRINCIPAL: Conntrak Catering Services
- SHIP CATEGORY: OFFSHORE VESSELS
- POSITION Chief Cook
- CREATED AT: 26/10/2020