All Catering personnel
Chief Cook, Assistant Cook, Baker, Night Cook, Steward
As an integral member of the CONNTRAK team it is essential that you contribute to the provision of a quality catering service adhering to health and safety standards at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure the prompt service of all meals at the required times, to the company’s standard and the client’s satisfaction and in accordance with the Company’s/Client’s performance specifications.
2. Active Participation in on-board meetings and supporting the Company and functioning of Integrated Management System includes commitment to consultation and participation for continual improvement.
3. Adhere to the Company IMS Procedures and policies, and commitment to eliminate any hazards and risks at workplace and supports the Management to fulfil the objectives.
4. All food to be prepared and cooked off to the agreed standards in the agreed amounts and passed to hot press as requested.
5. Ensure that IMS standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times, strict attention is paid to the requirements of Food Safety (particularly undertaking and recording of temperature controls and overall food hygiene).
6. Manage and rotate stock to ensure food safety and minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs.
7. Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
8. Ensure that personal working hygiene standards meet both the company and statutory requirements.
9. Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring that any duties carried out under their control are done so safely.
10. Manage galley cleaning rotas.
11. Assist in menu compilation.
12. Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner and report any defects.
13. Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety Regulations.
14. Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated.
15. Attend any meetings and/or training courses as may be necessary
· Attend Client and Company training courses as deemed necessary.
· Fully support and participate in all Client and company Safety Initiatives
· Identify personal training requirements
· Taking personal responsibility for closing identified development gaps and future requirements
16. Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring catering budgeting requirements are consistently adhered to and the efficient use of all resources is achieved.
17. Assist Head Chef/Chef Manager with environmental objectives
18. Carry out any additional duties and any other tasks as requested, which are within your competency and which form part of the service to the client, such as the unloading of containers.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS
1. Guide and support other members of the team.
2. Monitor, evaluation and train where necessary for galley stewards
3. Organizing/planning continuity of work and provision of service
4. Monitoring and maintaining levels of conduct and work performance
5. Health and Safety, and hygiene standards
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MACHINERY/EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS/CONSUMABLES
1. Ensure correct use, safe operations and keeping clean and hygienic
2. Basic maintenance and preparation for use
3. Knowledge and competency in the use of cleaning materials and chemicals as approved under COSHH regulations ensuring, at all times, that all chemicals are stored correctly according to COSHH regulations
4. Working knowledge of Company/Client Safety Management Policy
5. SSOW and COSHH
6. Training of others in correct and safe methods of use and maintenance of machinery and equipment
7. Proper stock rotation (date marking)
8. Assist Head chef/Chef manager with
· Deliveries and orders of all consumables
· Stock taking
· Monitoring stock consumption
9. Correct and effective use of all consumables
1. Identify personal training needs
2. Reporting faults to line supervisor or department supervisor
3. Ensure, by demonstrating, complete understanding of level of service provided that all catering services are delivered to the required standard including:
· Encouraging feedback from all customers
· Suggesting improvements where possible
· Participate in remedial action or improvement opportunities
COMMUNICATION/CONTACT WITH OTHERS
1. Reporting faults to line supervisor or department supervisor
2. Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action where service gaps are identified.
3. Promote the company image
4. Communicate efficiently and effectively to clients and colleagues
- PRINCIPAL: Conntrak Catering Services
- SHIP CATEGORY: OFFSHORE VESSELS
- POSITION Baker
- CREATED AT: 26/10/2020